Two drug suspects were arrested in a buy-bust operation in a rented apartment in Barangay Cabantian, Buhangin District on Thursday evening.
Police Major Ruben Torreon Libera, chief of Sasa Police Station, identified the suspects as Jonathan Basalo Alaba, alias Boss, 47, married, of Purol 10-A, Tibungco, and Augustus Jihn Pomar Alaba, 27, single, of Lupon, Davao Oriental. The two were transients residents of the apartment.
Sasa police and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) seized 40 sachets of shabu worth P800,000 and one weighing scale from the suspects. The P6000 bust money was also recovered. A black square pouch and a keypad-type cellphone were also confiscated.
Libera said the apprehension of the suspects “is a result of the intensified campaign of the police against illegal drugs.” (Roger Sumagang, Jomark Elid, Yves Laurene Adrales, Gio Tanudtanud)
By UM Interns
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021