Two drug suspects were arrested in a buy-bust operation in a rented apartment in Barangay Cabantian, Buhangin District on Thursday evening.
Police Major Ruben Torreon Libera, chief of Sasa Police Station, identified the suspects as Jonathan Basalo Alaba, alias Boss, 47, married, of Purol 10-A, Tibungco, and Augustus Jihn Pomar Alaba, 27, single, of Lupon, Davao Oriental. The two were transients residents of the apartment.
Sasa police and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) seized 40 sachets of shabu worth P800,000 and one weighing scale from the suspects. The P6000 bust money was also recovered. A black square pouch and a keypad-type cellphone were also confiscated.
Libera said the apprehension of the suspects “is a result of the intensified campaign of the police against illegal drugs.” (Roger Sumagang, Jomark Elid, Yves Laurene Adrales, Gio Tanudtanud)
By UM Interns
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success