The latest police revamp affected two ranking officers in the city.
Major Jason Baria, erstwhile spokesperson of the Davao Police Regional Office, is now the commander of the Toril Police Station.
Baria replaced Lt. Col. Jed Clamor in a ceremony headed by Davao City Police Office (DCPO) Director Col. Kirby John Kraft at the Toril Gym in Barangay Toril Proper.
Clamor moved to his new assignment under the Office of the City Director at the DCPO headquarters.
Baria is a member of Philippine National Police Academy (PNPA) Class 2008.
Prior to his new assignment, Baria was the spokesperson of the PRO 11 for more than a year.
In a message, Kraft said Clamor was “relieved from his post not because he was ‘underperforming’ but because we have to follow the staffing pattern set by the higher headquarters that all station commanders must be with the rank of police major.”
Kraft cited the efforts and accomplishments of Clamor, and described him as one of the best station commanders of DCPO.
The DCPO chief has challenged Baria “to be incessant in his drive and sustain what Lt. Col. Clamor and other station commanders have started.”
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?