The latest police revamp affected two ranking officers in the city.
Major Jason Baria, erstwhile spokesperson of the Davao Police Regional Office, is now the commander of the Toril Police Station.
Baria replaced Lt. Col. Jed Clamor in a ceremony headed by Davao City Police Office (DCPO) Director Col. Kirby John Kraft at the Toril Gym in Barangay Toril Proper.
Clamor moved to his new assignment under the Office of the City Director at the DCPO headquarters.
Baria is a member of Philippine National Police Academy (PNPA) Class 2008.
Prior to his new assignment, Baria was the spokesperson of the PRO 11 for more than a year.
In a message, Kraft said Clamor was “relieved from his post not because he was ‘underperforming’ but because we have to follow the staffing pattern set by the higher headquarters that all station commanders must be with the rank of police major.”
Kraft cited the efforts and accomplishments of Clamor, and described him as one of the best station commanders of DCPO.
The DCPO chief has challenged Baria “to be incessant in his drive and sustain what Lt. Col. Clamor and other station commanders have started.”
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021