I am back to writing once a week every Wednesday. “This is It” will share with you the latest issues happening within our city, our nation and the whole world. This will also be a venue where we can create positive vibes for our people towards attaining high-quality level of life for our next generation. Weighing the pros and cons together on the issues of the day can help us address these with utmost urgency.
I owe this opportunity to the person behind the success of the University of Mindanao, the brilliant President Guillermo “Willie” Torres Jr. The university is now fully equipped with state-of-the-art learning facilities and soar high at the top of national licensure examinations. This is the same school where I gained my passion for journalism. A notable and successful entrepreneur and an alumnus of De La Salle University, Willie is a sports-minded person. I am one of the living witnesses being once the president of the University of Mindanao Student Council (UMSC) which paved way to my personal attachment to him prior to EDSA revolution in 1986.
Another tribute goes to Atty. Guillermo Torres Sr., the father of Sir Willie, who left a legacy that laid the foundation of what UM has now become. Such noble vision turned into an icon of hope and aspirations for families that are assured of a better and stable future with their children.
To the Torres family and to UM team, my gratitude for allowing me to go back to my first love in media – both print and radio. Forever my loyalty and salutation!
As we will be together in this chapter, I pray that you will include this in your weekly routine: every Wednesday, “This is It” with Mindanao Times every Tuesday for live broadcast via DXUkay from 1:00 to 2:00pm 819 kHz, your official AM station by UM Broadcasting Network. Kay ganda ng Pilipinas, mahalin natin ito!
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls