I am back to writing once a week every Wednesday. “This is It” will share with you the latest issues happening within our city, our nation and the whole world. This will also be a venue where we can create positive vibes for our people towards attaining high-quality level of life for our next generation. Weighing the pros and cons together on the issues of the day can help us address these with utmost urgency.
I owe this opportunity to the person behind the success of the University of Mindanao, the brilliant President Guillermo “Willie” Torres Jr. The university is now fully equipped with state-of-the-art learning facilities and soar high at the top of national licensure examinations. This is the same school where I gained my passion for journalism. A notable and successful entrepreneur and an alumnus of De La Salle University, Willie is a sports-minded person. I am one of the living witnesses being once the president of the University of Mindanao Student Council (UMSC) which paved way to my personal attachment to him prior to EDSA revolution in 1986.
Another tribute goes to Atty. Guillermo Torres Sr., the father of Sir Willie, who left a legacy that laid the foundation of what UM has now become. Such noble vision turned into an icon of hope and aspirations for families that are assured of a better and stable future with their children.
To the Torres family and to UM team, my gratitude for allowing me to go back to my first love in media – both print and radio. Forever my loyalty and salutation!
As we will be together in this chapter, I pray that you will include this in your weekly routine: every Wednesday, “This is It” with Mindanao Times every Tuesday for live broadcast via DXUkay from 1:00 to 2:00pm 819 kHz, your official AM station by UM Broadcasting Network. Kay ganda ng Pilipinas, mahalin natin ito!
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success