The City Hall, through the City Economic Enterprise (CEE), is modernizing the meat industry through the construction of two slaughterhouses in Barangay Malagos, Baguio District.
Slaughter Master IV Engr. Joseph Gabut said the P76 million project packages a state-of-the-art abattoir and a separate halal slaughterhouse.
The abattoir will be the first slaughterhouse in the Philippines with complete facilities, Gabut claimed.
He said the project is 70% complete.
The new abattoir will have modern equipment like cutting machines, blast freezers, meat processors, and packaging facilities, among others.
The separate halal slaughterhouse is housed 100 meters away from the state-of-the-art abattoir.
The halal slaughterhouse follows the standards and protocols of the Islamic dietary laws for the Muslim consumers.
Despite its brand-new facilities, the slaughterhouses will follow the same market price for its services.
The city is currently operating its abattoir in Barangay Ma-a.
Gabut reminded the public that slaughtering animals for human consumption outside the approved abattoir is illegal, and any meats produced from backyard slaughtering are dangerous and should automatically be confiscated.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?