The City Hall, through the City Economic Enterprise (CEE), is modernizing the meat industry through the construction of two slaughterhouses in Barangay Malagos, Baguio District.
Slaughter Master IV Engr. Joseph Gabut said the P76 million project packages a state-of-the-art abattoir and a separate halal slaughterhouse.
The abattoir will be the first slaughterhouse in the Philippines with complete facilities, Gabut claimed.
He said the project is 70% complete.
The new abattoir will have modern equipment like cutting machines, blast freezers, meat processors, and packaging facilities, among others.
The separate halal slaughterhouse is housed 100 meters away from the state-of-the-art abattoir.
The halal slaughterhouse follows the standards and protocols of the Islamic dietary laws for the Muslim consumers.
Despite its brand-new facilities, the slaughterhouses will follow the same market price for its services.
The city is currently operating its abattoir in Barangay Ma-a.
Gabut reminded the public that slaughtering animals for human consumption outside the approved abattoir is illegal, and any meats produced from backyard slaughtering are dangerous and should automatically be confiscated.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories