The mysterious disease from China puts the Department of Health XI on alert as it threatens to penetrate Davao Region.
Dr. Wilson Lim, a quarantine medical officer of the DOH’s Bureau of Quarantine, said they will strengthen the parameters to prevent the mysterious disease from entering the city.
“We will be strict in the airports and seaports as these are possible entries of carriers of the said mysterious disease,” Lim said.
“In seaports, when the yellow flag is raised it means that the people aboard are not yet inspected,” Lim said, adding that “no personnel aboard can go out without being checked.”
Moreover, in airports, there will be thermal scanners to check the temperature of the passengers entering the city.
“Those passengers who will be detected with fever or flu-like symptoms they will be escorted to the holding area to further check their condition,” Lim said.
Dr. Cleo Fe Tabada of the DOH’s Regional Epidemiology Quarantine XI also said they will intensify their campaign on polio vaccination to children five months old and below.
“So far we’ve had already two rounds (vaccination), and Davao Region has been able to cover 96 percent of the target,” Tabada said, adding that “three rounds of dozes” will be more efficient.
The polio vaccination is conducted by the local government unit (LGU) health personnel.
However, the polio vaccination of the DOH faces resistance by some groups due to fear.
“There are some groups that didn’t allow their children to be vaccinated. With that being said, we are looking for people from their group to convince them to allow their children to be vaccinated,” Tabada said. (Arvil John P. Lopez)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success