The mysterious disease from China puts the Department of Health XI on alert as it threatens to penetrate Davao Region.
Dr. Wilson Lim, a quarantine medical officer of the DOH’s Bureau of Quarantine, said they will strengthen the parameters to prevent the mysterious disease from entering the city.
“We will be strict in the airports and seaports as these are possible entries of carriers of the said mysterious disease,” Lim said.
“In seaports, when the yellow flag is raised it means that the people aboard are not yet inspected,” Lim said, adding that “no personnel aboard can go out without being checked.”
Moreover, in airports, there will be thermal scanners to check the temperature of the passengers entering the city.
“Those passengers who will be detected with fever or flu-like symptoms they will be escorted to the holding area to further check their condition,” Lim said.
Dr. Cleo Fe Tabada of the DOH’s Regional Epidemiology Quarantine XI also said they will intensify their campaign on polio vaccination to children five months old and below.
“So far we’ve had already two rounds (vaccination), and Davao Region has been able to cover 96 percent of the target,” Tabada said, adding that “three rounds of dozes” will be more efficient.
The polio vaccination is conducted by the local government unit (LGU) health personnel.
However, the polio vaccination of the DOH faces resistance by some groups due to fear.
“There are some groups that didn’t allow their children to be vaccinated. With that being said, we are looking for people from their group to convince them to allow their children to be vaccinated,” Tabada said. (Arvil John P. Lopez)
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat