Five drug suspects were arrested in a police operation in Piapi, Barangay 22-C at 11:13 p.m. on Monday.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the Talomo Police Station commander, identified two of the suspects as Peter Paul V. Viñas, 39, married and Kristine Joy Castañeda Estrada, 33, single, both residents of Piapi, Quezon Boulevard.
Reportedly, an informant pinpointed the two as selling illegal drugs in the area.
However, the arresting officers also booked three more men who were engaged in a shabu session in the area. They were identified as Bryan Batulanon Dalumpines, 34, of Cogon, Digos City, Davao Del Sur; Marlon Bacus Calungsod, 35, of Fatima Village in Matina; and Roland Camacho Florin, 43, a resident of Piapi.
The buy-bust operation was led by joint elements of the Regional Special Operations Group- Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit (RSOG-RPDEU) XI and Talomo Police Station.
They seized P5,000 worth of shabu, drug paraphernalia, and personal possession of the suspects.
According to Lao, the subjects were included in the Directorate for Intelligence’s drug watchlist. They were also subjects of the Tokhang operation of the police, where they plead with the suspects to leave their illegal activities.
“Nevertheless, we will never rest until all these criminals will be put behind bars,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success