Authorities recovered 30 Garand rifles and assorted ammunition and explosives in Mt. Gacob, Sitio Magkahunaw, Barangay Buhisan, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur last Friday.
The joint elements of the 9th Special Forces Company under the 3rd Special Forces Battalion (3SFBn) and the Regional Mobile Force Battalion of Police Regional Office XIII recovered the rifles and explosives.
1Lt. Krisjuper Andreo Punsalan, the Civil-Military Operations officer of 3rd Special Forces Battalion, said they received the tip on the arms cache from two teen rebel surrenderees.
“The declaration of persona non grata on the members of the communist NPA terrorists by Surigao del Sur province and the institutionalization of the Local Task Forces to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (LTF-ELCAC) of the Province down to its municipalities played a role on the influx of rebel surrenderees in Surigao del Sur,” Lt. Col. Joey B. Baybayan, the 3rd SF commanding officer, said.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence