Authorities recovered 30 Garand rifles and assorted ammunition and explosives in Mt. Gacob, Sitio Magkahunaw, Barangay Buhisan, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur last Friday.
The joint elements of the 9th Special Forces Company under the 3rd Special Forces Battalion (3SFBn) and the Regional Mobile Force Battalion of Police Regional Office XIII recovered the rifles and explosives.
1Lt. Krisjuper Andreo Punsalan, the Civil-Military Operations officer of 3rd Special Forces Battalion, said they received the tip on the arms cache from two teen rebel surrenderees.
“The declaration of persona non grata on the members of the communist NPA terrorists by Surigao del Sur province and the institutionalization of the Local Task Forces to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (LTF-ELCAC) of the Province down to its municipalities played a role on the influx of rebel surrenderees in Surigao del Sur,” Lt. Col. Joey B. Baybayan, the 3rd SF commanding officer, said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success