Authorities recovered 30 Garand rifles and assorted ammunition and explosives in Mt. Gacob, Sitio Magkahunaw, Barangay Buhisan, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur last Friday.
The joint elements of the 9th Special Forces Company under the 3rd Special Forces Battalion (3SFBn) and the Regional Mobile Force Battalion of Police Regional Office XIII recovered the rifles and explosives.
1Lt. Krisjuper Andreo Punsalan, the Civil-Military Operations officer of 3rd Special Forces Battalion, said they received the tip on the arms cache from two teen rebel surrenderees.
“The declaration of persona non grata on the members of the communist NPA terrorists by Surigao del Sur province and the institutionalization of the Local Task Forces to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (LTF-ELCAC) of the Province down to its municipalities played a role on the influx of rebel surrenderees in Surigao del Sur,” Lt. Col. Joey B. Baybayan, the 3rd SF commanding officer, said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021