The chief of the Talomo Police Station ordered a deeper investigation into the killing of a 15-year-old in Pag-ibig Drive, Barangay Dumoy, Talomo District on Friday afternoon.
Authorities said the minor, who was a child-in-conflict-with-the-law, had several records for theft and robbery in Ecoland and Dumoy.
The minor’s name is being withheld.
Lt. Col. Ronald L. Lao, station commander, said that at around 1:15 p.m. on Jan. 10, the boy was waiting for his father when two men onboard a motorcycle shot him twice at close range.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) recovered a cartridge from a .45 caliber pistol in the area.
Just recently, Lao said the victim’s father went to the Talomo Women’s Child and Protection Desk (WCPD) to turn over his son for safekeeping. But he was sent back to the parents after counseling and intervention. He was also released from Bahay Pag-asa, a halfway home for vulnerable kids, in September 2019 after a six-month rehabilitation and diversion program.
“The minor victim was a usual ‘visitor’ in our station because of his involvement in illegal activities,” he said.
“Unfortunately, he did not change and went back to his transgressions,” Lao further said.
Nevertheless, he promised the family that they will try to identify the suspects and give justice to the victim.
“We extend our condolences to the family and we would like to let them know at this time, it is our priority to put all resources possible into finding these suspects,” he ended.
The body of the victim was brought to Villa Funeral Parlor in Toril.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online