In his column “PARADIGM SHIFT” (Mindanao Times, 9 Jan, p.7), Dr. Aland Mizell wrote a very insightful analysis of the U.S./Iran issue.
I met Dr. Mizell when I adjudicated a debating challenge at the Ma-a BJMP “COLLEGE BEHIND BARS”. The article is titled: “WHY INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITIES DO NOT GIVE MUCH CREDIT TO THE U.S. FOR KILLING MAJOR GENERAL QUASSEM SOLEIMANI”.
Such a LONG question. I will try to give a SHORT answer. The killing of an Iranian citizen on Iraqi soil by an American drone ordered by an American president was an IMMORAL and unjustified ILLEGAL extra-judicial killing.
The act is forbidden by the laws of God, the laws of man and the Geneva Convention.
At the end of WW2, the Japanese, Italian and German officials JUDGED as “war criminals” were convicted and then executed. Soleimani — as “evil” as he is in the eyes and minds of the Americans — deserved to be JUDGED first by an international court — not by Trump and the Pentagon.
The U.S. should adhere to rule of law and respect other countries sovereignty.
Now, the Iraqi parliament has ruled that the 5200 American troops and civilians should leave Iraq.
Perhaps other mid-east countries should do the same with other foreign coalition forces. Let the Arabs settle their problems among themselves.
“America CAN BE great again” — by staying home and settling their domestic problems among themselves.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos