Mayor Al David Uy of Island Garden City of Samal has vowed to file counter charges against those who are opposing the Samal-Davao Bridge.
“File Writ of Kalikasan, I will counter sue with economic sabotage,” Uy said in his Facebook post.
The mayor branded the issue concerning the P23 billion Samal-Davao Bridge as “a game of oligarchs.”
Uy said that plan for the bridge has been revised for several instances since 1979 as influential land owners whose properties will be affected have been objecting.
The mayor said they already expected the opposition especially that properties of influential families will be affected.
Uy, in a separate Facebook post, enumerated several properties that might be affected by the proposed bridge project.
Among those he mentioned included the Floirendos.
The Floirendos, however, denied they are opposing the project.
“Igacos Mayor Al David Uy dragging the name of the Floirendos in the so-called oligarchs opposing the construction of the Davao-Samal bridge is outright malicious and a brazen lie,” said former Rep. Antonio Floirendo Jr. in a statement.
Floirendo said they have no business interests “that would be negatively affected by the construction of the multi-billion bridge to which many Dabawenyos have long dreamed of.”
Floirendo said they welcome the construction of the Davao-Samal bridge “as this would be good for Igacos and for the economy of the island in general.
Floirendo is a former Second District congressman of Davao del Norte, an area that covers Samal Island.
Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte revealed last week that a family, which she did not named, has filed an opposition to the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
The family is expected to file a Writ of Kalikasan before the court to stop the bridge construction.
The Writ of Kalikasan, a legal remedy, may be sought to deal with environmental damage of such magnitude that it threatens life, health, or property of inhabitants in two or more cities or provinces.
The bridge will connect Samal Island to mainland Davao, via Agdao area in the second district of this city.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success