Six alleged drug peddlers were arrested in separate buy-busts in the different areas in the city since Thursday.
Franke Delariarte Villamor, 42, laborer, a resident of Sto. Domingo, Dumanlas, Buhangin District, was arrested in an operation along Pichon Street, Barangay 2-A at 7:25 p.m. on Jan. 10.
He was included in the Directorate for Intelligence watchlist.
Seized from the suspect’s possession were 16 sachets of suspected shabu with an estimated street value of P16, 000 and another one big sachet with an estimated street value of P10, 000 placed inside a cigarette case.
The suspect was already arrested in August 2016 but availed of plea bargaining for a lesser penalty. He was released from the Davao City Jail in Barangay Ma-a last July 2019. He is now under the custody of the San Pedro Police.
At 8:10 p.m., Erwin Maamo, 28, and Peterson Maamo, 39, both residents of Purok 50, Phase 1, SIR New Matina, were nabbed in a dragnet operation in the same area.
Confiscated from their possession were two sachets of suspected shabu with an estimated street value of P42,000 and the P1,000 buy-bust money.
According to Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the commander of the Talomo Police Station, they have been monitoring the suspects for a long time.
“In fact, suspect Maamo had gained notoriety for being a recidivist drug offender since he was previously arrested for drug charges last April 2015, and was released through plea bargaining agreement allowed by the law in November 2018,” he said.
“Rest assured that we will double, if not triple, our efforts until all corners of this region will be free from illegal drugs,” he added.
The suspects are detained in the Talomo Police Station.
Meanwhile, three alleged drug suspects were arrested in a buy-bust operation at 12:02 p.m. on Jan. 9 at Sunflower Street, Laverna Hills, Km. 6, Buhangin District.
They were identified as Ruel Porio, 23, construction worker; Oliver Escoton, 40, habal-habal driver; and Ruel Calunia, construction worker, all residents of Punad Village, Barangay Angliongto, Sasa.
Confiscated from them were sachets of shabu estimated to be worth P50,000.
All suspects face a case for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success