The City Hall employee and his wife allegedly engaged in pocketing P300,000 worth of gift certificate have been criminally charged, the City Information Office said yesterday.
City Information Officer Jeffry Tupas said suspect Ronald Viernes Manguera, a contractual worker of the City Mayor’s Office (CMO), was already terminated from the service,
Tupas said the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) filed formal complaints against Manguera and wife Frances Desiree before the City Prosecutor’s Office last month.
A barangay concerns team leader under the CMO initially reported the missing gift certificates last November.
In an inventory, it was found out that P300,000 worth of gift certificate were missing.
The CMO reported the matter to the DCPO and its Investigation and Detective Management Branch (IDMB) immediately conducted an investigation.
During the investigation, a CMO staff found gift certificates hidden inside a drawer. The recovered certificates amounted to P170,000.
The investigation led to Manguera.
Based on the investigation, Manguera allegedly admitted that he took the certificates on November 16, 2019. His wife reportedly used the gift certificates.
Tupas said the CMO is undertaking measures to avoid similar incidents in the future. The CMO also commits to vet applicants before hiring them.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission