The 10th Infantry Division supports the resolution of the Regional Development Council XI’s to end communist rebellion in the region.
The Regional Peace and Order Council (RPOC) XI and Regional Development Council (RDC) XI, chaired by Davao Oriental Governor Nelson Dayanghirang and Davao de Oro Governor Javee Tyron Uy, unanimously approved a joint RPOC-RDC resolution 2020-01 on Jan. 4, 2020.
The resolution fully supports President Rodrigo Duterte’s EO 70, which adopts a whole-of-nation approach against the New People’s Army.
“We strongly believe on the President’s genuine intention to end the long-running Communist insurgency and we remain committed in our oath to continue to push for initiatives, reforms, and programs that will benefit our Dabawenyo constituents and to foster true and lasting peace in this part of our country,” said Dayanghirang.
Maj. Gen. Jose C Faustino Jr, the commander to the 10th ID, said, “We believe that the local government units led by the local chief executives know the ground situation, the people, the community, and the overall peace and development thrust much better than us.”
“With this, we believe that by supporting regional peace efforts, we can attain PRRD’s desire to put an end to communist armed conflict and achieve sustainable peace in the country, ” he added.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021