The Davao Police Regional Office supports the Philippine National Police’s policy to get its personnel in shape.
Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the PRO XI regional director, reiterated the importance of ideal body mass index for the men and women in the force.
The statement was in support of PNP Acting Chief Archie Gamboa’s announcement that he would sign a directive to sanction police officers who are unable to meet the 18.5 to 24.9 BMI requirement.
For instance, they might lose the opportunity to be accepted for further schooling or be promoted.
Escobal has been promoting activities that promote health and wellness for the past months.
The regional director sponsored a basketball tournament, badminton challenge, SWAT competition, and Paskuhan Fun Run. In those activities, he repeatedly emphasized the importance of keeping the body healthy and fit.
Escobal then committed to supporting the PNP director general’s plan to trim the fat in the force.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021