The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) has suspended the parking fee collection on the street fronting City Hall.
This after the CTTMO received complaints from City Hall officials and employees.
The CTTMO is further studying the matter to make the street – from the corner of San Pedro Street and Bolton Street (back of Rizal park stage) up to the corner of San Pedro Street and City Hall Drive (fronting ChowKing) – be exempted from the parking fee collections.
“We heard not so nice things from our enforcers, from our government employees, especially from our policemen,” CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude explained, as he points out as to why the suspension has been decided.
He said some of the drivers who parked their car in this area are those who only want to attend the flag raising ceremonies.
“They would immediately go after the ceremony,” CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude said.
The flag ceremony at City Hall Ground is at 8 a.m. every Monday.
Meanwhile, the CTTMO is also studying the possibility of not imposing the fee to any car that parked for less than five minutes in any street.
The CTTMO has sent a letter to the City Mayor’s Office on the matter.
Abude admitted that they received complaints on the parking fee zones, which was implemented last Thursday, seven years after it was approved by the City Council.
He said adjustments have to be taken into consideration in its implementation.
Abude said residents who are contesting or unaware of the policy can approach their office for clarifications so necessary actions can be taken.
Close to a hundred of collectors have been detailed in the city’s major streets in downtown areas to collect corresponding parking fee from Monday to Saturday.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?