The city government will soon be releasing P250 million for the implementation of the High Priority Bus System (HPBS) as part of the city’s modernization project.
During the Association of Regional Executives of National Agencies (Arena) Davao flag ceremony at People’s Park on Monday, Mayor Sara Duterte bared this year’s plans and programs under the Byaheng Do30 Agenda. One of which is the implementation of the HPBS.
“Among other big-ticket plans and projects, we are aggressively pushing for the implementation of the interim phase of the High-Priority Bus System,” Duterte said.
Last year, the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) approved the Davao City Transport Modernization Project (DCTMP) along with the implementation of the HPBS.
The HPBS, a part of the DCTMP, is eyed as a solution to decongest the traffic in the city. Around 1,200 buses will be deployed as an alternative for public utility vehicles.
“To spur this, the City Government of Davao is releasing P250 million from its local funds this year. We hope to be able to fully implement the Davao City Transport Modernization Project with the support and cooperation of everyone,” Duterte said.
The City Council already approved the funds last year under Supplemental Budget (SB) 1 and SB 2. Part of the funds will be used as financial assistance to reimburse 7,000 public utility jeepney drivers and operators who will be affected by the implementation of the HPBS.
The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) has been conducting Tsuper Iskolar Program in which affected drivers can avail free training for different courses such as welding, pastry making, and dressmaking.
The implementation of the bus project is scheduled to start this year, with the DCTMP’s aim to provide efficient and affordable mode of transportation for the people of the city through the delivery of HPBS.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success