The Ancillary Services Unit is pushing for additional demolition teams to be distributed in the three districts of the city.
“This is to ensure that the whole area in the city is monitored thoroughly, and that all areas are checked for any violations regarding sidewalks and garbage in the city,” ASU chief Paul Bermejo said in an interview.
He said this is a part of their 2020 plans to effectively implement the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Memorandum Circular 121 Series of 2019, which directs the removal of road obstructions.
“This 2020, we will make our team into three demolition teams to distribute them in districts 1, 2 and 3. This is to ensure that we have checked every area in the city. Example of which is when we pass by the diversion (road) up to the Panabo boundary in which some businesses and legit shops like vulcanizing shops, lumberyard, and junkshops have been very hard-headed and do not abide by the policies,” he said.
He said that these shops and businesses have been utilizing the sidewalks as an extension of their shops. “What they’re doing is prohibited, and they should be aware of that,” he said.
Bermejo said the ASU is already processing their plans for this year.
“Actually, I already prepared the memorandum to also prepare our people for the implementation. And then they will be provided with briefing sessions so that they will be fully equipped with what to do,” he said.
He is also hoping that the City Budget’s Office will reconsider the P9.5 million fund proposal, which will be sourced from the Supplemental Budget 1 for the construction of a new ASU office at the Ma-a slaughter house compound.
Bermejo will also submit a proposal for an additional vehicle, so they can patrol in all districts in Davao City.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success