Three drug suspects were arrested during a buy-bust operation in La Anclar Hometel along Bonifacio Street, Barangay 34-D, yesterday morning.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Sta. Ana Police Station commander, identified them as Arnold Lim, 31, male, single, a resident of Isla Verde, Barangay 23-C; Jaime Dorie, 31, single, jobless, a resident of Poblacion 2, Parang, Maguindanao; and Karen Lamoste, 34, single, jobless, a resident of Bread Village, Buhangin.
Uyanguren said they received information about the suspects selling drugs in the establishment. They immediately planned a buy-bust operation. They arrested the three when the undercover police officer received the sachet of alleged shabu in exchange for P500.
Seized from their possession were six sachets of shabu, one unit of Oppo smartphone, and the marked money.
Uyanguren said the suspects were under the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist, considered as high-value targets. They reportedly sourced their shabu from Cotabato City.
“The arrest of the suspects will lead into the reduction of distribution of illegal drugs in the city,” he said.
The confiscated items had an estimated street value of P100,000.
For now, the suspects are detained in the Sta. Ana Police Station, as they face a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed