Three drug suspects were arrested during a buy-bust operation in La Anclar Hometel along Bonifacio Street, Barangay 34-D, yesterday morning.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Sta. Ana Police Station commander, identified them as Arnold Lim, 31, male, single, a resident of Isla Verde, Barangay 23-C; Jaime Dorie, 31, single, jobless, a resident of Poblacion 2, Parang, Maguindanao; and Karen Lamoste, 34, single, jobless, a resident of Bread Village, Buhangin.
Uyanguren said they received information about the suspects selling drugs in the establishment. They immediately planned a buy-bust operation. They arrested the three when the undercover police officer received the sachet of alleged shabu in exchange for P500.
Seized from their possession were six sachets of shabu, one unit of Oppo smartphone, and the marked money.
Uyanguren said the suspects were under the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist, considered as high-value targets. They reportedly sourced their shabu from Cotabato City.
“The arrest of the suspects will lead into the reduction of distribution of illegal drugs in the city,” he said.
The confiscated items had an estimated street value of P100,000.
For now, the suspects are detained in the Sta. Ana Police Station, as they face a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success