Three drug suspects were arrested during a buy-bust operation in La Anclar Hometel along Bonifacio Street, Barangay 34-D, yesterday morning.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Sta. Ana Police Station commander, identified them as Arnold Lim, 31, male, single, a resident of Isla Verde, Barangay 23-C; Jaime Dorie, 31, single, jobless, a resident of Poblacion 2, Parang, Maguindanao; and Karen Lamoste, 34, single, jobless, a resident of Bread Village, Buhangin.
Uyanguren said they received information about the suspects selling drugs in the establishment. They immediately planned a buy-bust operation. They arrested the three when the undercover police officer received the sachet of alleged shabu in exchange for P500.
Seized from their possession were six sachets of shabu, one unit of Oppo smartphone, and the marked money.
Uyanguren said the suspects were under the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist, considered as high-value targets. They reportedly sourced their shabu from Cotabato City.
“The arrest of the suspects will lead into the reduction of distribution of illegal drugs in the city,” he said.
The confiscated items had an estimated street value of P100,000.
For now, the suspects are detained in the Sta. Ana Police Station, as they face a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021