Four more members of the New People’s Army (NPA) surrendered to the 89th Infantry Battalion in Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte last Dec. 29.
Lt. Col. Silas Trasmontero, the 89th IB commander, identified them Cardo, of Baking Tresera, Basil Platoon, a resident of Barangay Matupe, San Fernando, Bukidnon, and his wife Nita, supply officer, a resident of Purok Quarry, Sitio Nabunturan, Barangay Palma Gil, Talaingod.
The other surrenderees were alias Merlyn, medic of Basil Platoon, and her husband, Marlon, both residents of Barangay Cabuling, San Fernando, Bukidnon. All surrenderees were members of Guerrilla Front 55.
The two couples surrendered because they were no longer receiving support from the organization, especially their basic needs.
“They were always on the run and found it hard to access or receive their food supplies and necessities while monthly allowance for their children were also cut off,” he said.
Trasmontero added that the leaders of Guerrilla Front 55 already surrendered to the 89th IB, which demoralized the different units.
“This was further aggravated by the combined community support operations and massive military operations of the battalion and its neighboring units before the suspension of military operations,” Trasmontero said.
The surrenderees were brought to the headquarters of 89th IB in Baranga New Visayas, Sto. Tomas, Davao Del Norte for custodial debriefing.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market