Two teeners are in police custody after a militiaman was found dead on Sunday morning, hours after a brawl in Barangay Lamanan, Calinan District.
Wesley, the commander of Calinan Police Station, identified the victim as Jason Endrina “Pangyaw” Tulabing, 26, single, of Purok 3A, Sitio Darila, Lamanan. He was a Cafgu member assigned at the 89th Infantry Battalion, based in Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte.
Pending the result of the autopsy, Wesley said they could not yet determine the cause of Tulabing’s death.
Wesley said the two teenagers were held after they were reported to have figured Tulabing in a brawl hours before his death.
He identified the two as Mirelle Gordo Roquez, 19, single, also of Sitio Darila, and a certain Johnny, 15, a resident of Purok 9, Barangay Lacson, Calinan District.
Around 10 a.m. on Sunday, Antonia Moises reported at the Calinan Police Station that they found her nephew Tulabing lifeless inside his house around 5 a.m.
Duty investigators who verified the report found a rolled blanket on Tulabing’s neck. Multiple injuries were also noted on his face and head, the report said.
A further investigation revealed that around 6 p.m. Saturday, a drunk Tulabing “drastically” approached two teens who were onboard a motorcycle.
Tulabing allegedly demanded to transport him to an unstated direction. When the two teens declined, a brawl ensued.
Barangay tanods collared the two teeners.
They are detained pending the result of the autopsy report.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month