A man, said to be a pastor, reportedly went amok yesterday, leaving one dead and another wounded in Barangay Bucana (76-A), Talomo District.
Police arrested the suspect identified as Erwin Apolentesima Capul, 56, single, self-employed, of Taal Road, Central Park Subdivision, Bangkal, Barangay Talomo Proper in Talomo District.
The fatality was identified as Trinidad Barriga, 69, farmer.
Barriga’s daughter, Mildred, was wounded.
Based on the police report, Capul went to the Barrigas’ house in San Isidro, Kalubihan, Kabacan around 6:30 a.m. yesterday.
The suspect insisted to enter the house despite the refusal of the father and his daughter to let him in.
An altercation ensued.
Capul pulled a knife from his bag and jumped over the fence.
He reportedly stabbed Mildred in her face.
Mildred managed to run inside the house where she and her father were able to lock the door.
But Capul reportedly destroyed the door and entered the house.
He then stabbed both victims before escaping.
Trinidad sustained multiple stab wounds in his body resulting to his death. The daughter is still in critical condition at a hospital.
The suspect was later arrested after a chase.
Recovered at the crime scene was the folding knife with bloodstains.
Capul, in a radio interview, claimed self-defense.
The suspect insisted that Trinidad was the first to attack him with an iron bar, hitting him at least five times.
He said he ran away but Trinidad still chased him. It was then that he stabbed Trinidad.
Capul claimed that he has a relationship with Mildred and Trinidad disapproved it.
Police are now preparing charges against the suspect.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success