Authorities yesterday filed a case against a 41-year-old man who was arrested in a checkpoint in Toril for allegedly transporting P3 million worth of shabu.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the commander of Toril Police Station, identified the suspect as Jelovi Saberon Alegarbe, married, a resident of Camoning, Kapalong, Davao del Norte.
Clamor said Alegarbe was arrested by operatives at the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District on Dec. 30 at 7:30 p.m.
Operatives, he said, seized seven big sachets of shabu, weighing 211.6 grams, with estimated street value of around P3.3 million.
The suspect was on board of an orange close-van multicab with plate number 121-486840, traveling from Digos, Davao del Sur.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the TFD commander, said Alegarbe is the second suspect to be arrested with more than a million worth of illegal drugs this year.
“We commend the professionalism of the TF Davao personnel manning the checkpoints in supporting the President’s war on drugs,” Yecla said.
In 2019, the TFD apprehended 77 persons at its three checkpoint, netting P8.5M worth of illegal drugs. They also supported the Davao City Police Office in buy-bust operation, leading to the arrest of 14 suspects.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy