A man was injured by stray bullets when his son, a member of the peacekeeping action team in Barangay Magsaysay, Carmen, Davao del Norte fired his gun in the air to mark the New Year.
The suspect was identified as Aldrin Torres Carillo, who caused the injury to his father, Allan A. Carillo.
On the other hand, Vincent Redito, a security guard assigned to C55 Realty Inc. in Matina Aplaya, Davao City was also apprehended when he also fired his gun to celebrate the conclusion of the Yuletide season.
Both men were sued for illegal discharge of firearms.
The Police Regional Office XI said that one person was recorded from firecrackers and another one got hurt from an improvised cannon made from PVC pipes and tin cans.
However, they were relatively minor and didn’t require hospital stay.
The firecracker-related injury involved a 10-year-old boy who suffered minor burns on his right abdomen.
Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the PRO XI regional director, expresses his gratitude to the public for listening to their call to refrain from using firecrackers and pyrotechnics. Police officers were also warned against firing their guns in the air to mark the New Year.
s of 4 a.m. of Jan. 1, authorities have arrested four violators on illegal possession/sale/use of firecrackers amounting to ₱56,240.
Eliakim Mariano, 22, of Barangay Baganihan, Marilog District pointed a gun at female minor on Dec. 31. He faced prison time for illegal possession of firearms.
A total firecracker ban was enforced in Davao City, while the use of firecrackers in other provinces was strictly monitored, starting from Dec. 16 to Jan. 1, 2020.
“With the recently concluded New Year’s Eve celebration, which was smoothly celebrated with no untoward incidence, acts of insurgencies and terrorism, it is safe to say that our deployment plans and security matrices are effective, with the consistent support and cooperation of the Local Government Units and the populace of this region,” Escobal said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021