Appliances and fuel cards will be given away as raffle items at tonight’s Torotot Festival.
This is the first time that raffle prizes will be dangled to the audience since the festival started in 2013, the City Information Office said.
Raffle stubs are available at Rizal Park from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., or until the tickets are all given away.
Those who are interested to join in the raffle need to bring a valid identification card – government ID, company ID or school ID.
Organizers said today’s festival will be bigger than previous festivals, with higher prizes at stake.
Competitions include giant torotot, torotot-inspired costume, and the dance showdown. There will be giveaways and raffle prizes.
According to Phoenix Corporate Affairs Manager Ben Sur, there are 49 registered participants in the three competitions: 20 for giant torotot, 18 for torotot costume and 11 for torotot dance contest.
Torotot Festival is the closing event of Pasko Fiesta sa Davao 2019, as organized by the city government of Davao and sponsored by Phoenix Petroleum Phils. Inc.
The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) will impose a “maximum deployment” of operatives to secure the 2019 Torotot Festival tonight.
“We’ll have a maximum deployment of personnel to make sure that the celebration will be safe,” said Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the DCPO spokesperson.
Public Safety and Security Command Office (PSSCO) chief Angel Sumagaysay said at least 300 security personnel will be deployed at Rizal Park, the event’s venue.
More than 3,000 security personnel will secure the closing event.
Aside from the PSSCO and the DCPO, Sumagaysay said operatives from the Task Force Davao, Bureau of Fire, and other safety and emergency units will be detailed at the venue.
Organizers have not released the figure for the expected party blowers. In previous events, they targeted to have 10,000 participants, aiming to break a Guinness Book for the simultaneous use of party horns at one time, which Japan holds with 6,900 party blowers. While it was reported that the very first Torotot Festival in 2013 drew at least 7,500 participants, it did not officially break Japan’s record. (Rhoda Grace B. Saron and Samantha T. Burgos)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success