The San Pedro Square will be closed for vehicular traffic today for the observance of Rizal Day.
President Rodrigo Duterte, Mayor Sara Duterte and Vice Mayor Sebatian Duterte are expected to attend the event set at Rizal Park at 8 a.m.
The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) said all vehicles can’t enter San Pedro Square starting 6 a.m. onwards.
Vehicles coming from Bonifacio Rotunda and San Pedro Extension (from Quezon Boulevard) are not allowed to enter San Pedro Street (at the junction of San Pedro Cathedral). Also closed are the junctions of Ponciano Street (Crooked Road)-Rizal Street and Bolton Street-Rizal Street (except for the invited guests).
Vehicles from Bonifacio Rotunda and Quezon Boulevard that are bound to San Pedro Street are directed to turn right to CM Recto Avenue, left turn to Rizal Street, and left turn to Anda Street, and right turn to San Pedro Street. Other vehicles bound to San Pedro are directed to pass Rizal Street going to Anda Street.
Only vehicles of invited attendees are allowed to park at designated parking areas – Bolton Street (beside San Pedro Cathedral), San Pedro Street (in front of City Council), A. Pichon Street (from the back of City Hall up to the back of City Council).
Strict security will also be imposed at the surroundings of San Pedro Square.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success