The city relief team delivered additional goods to quake-affected towns in Padada and Hagonoy, Davao del Sur, on Wednesday, following the strong earthquake that caused great damage to establishments and houses in the province.
The towns are still recovering from the destruction caused by the strong earthquakes that recently hit some areas in Mindanao.
Aside from the P300,000 aid approved by the city council more than a week ago upon the request of Mayor Sara Duterte, the city also delivered materials that included 1,200 meters of tarpaulin, 40 pieces of mosquito net, 40 pieces of blanket, 20 pieces of casserole, and four sacks of assorted clothes.
Padada also received 2,000 packs of relief goods.
Padada Mayor Pedro Caminero Jr. has been grateful for all the help that the city government and the people of Davao has been extending to them.
“My big thanks to the City Government of Davao through Mayor Inday Sara for the donations delivered today. We can use this, Mayor. I also want to thank you for your initial help to us, for giving 300,000 pesos,” Caminero said.
He also said the government facilities in the town such as the Municipal Hall, Bureau of Fire Protection, Philippine National Police, and always the Department of Social Welfare and Development have been damaged by the earthquake. Since then, employees hold office in tents and continue government operations.
The municipality of Hagonoy also received relief aids from the city.
The relief team already reached Barangays Aplaya, Balutakay, Guihing and Malabang in Hagonoy with around 400 families residing.
The Davao City relief team is set to continue delivering aid to the affected areas until the end of December.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month