The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) has prepared for the holiday traffic in the downtown area.
Alfredo Tamayo, assistant field supervisor, said the agency has coordinated with the Task Force Davao in the transfer of planned events from the Rizal Park to the Sta. Ana Wharf.
“Ang mga big events kay didtoa sa Sta. Ana Wharf para dili na congested diria sa downtown (Big events will be held at the Sta. Ana Wharf so that the downtown area will not be congested,” said Tamayo.
He said apart from decongesting the downtown area, the agency also would want to have a safe celebration of holidays as a strict protocol will be also implemented.
CTTMO will also augment personnel in the main public markets of the city, Bankerohan and Agdao, during the eves of Christmas and New Year. “Kaning mga adlawa ug lugara grabe ang mga mamalengkehay (During these days there are many people who go to the market),” he added.
He also mentioned that since Mahayag bridge in Matina Pangi can be used again, it will be also help decongest the downtown area.
Meanwhile, CTTMO has initiated an outreach program by giving gifts in the form of food packs to random public utility vehicle drivers.
He said their teams are planning to give comfort to every residents in managing traffic.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month