The military said 33 former rebels received about P2.145 million from the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (ECLIP) of the national government in the awarding ceremony at the Grand Men Seng Hotel Thursday.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, commander of 1003rd Infantry brigade, said each of the recipients was handed P65,000 in check by the ECLIP Committee the city as the package included in
P50,000 in livelihood assistance and P15,000 in immediate cash assistance.
Meanwhile, Mempin said P693,000 was also handed over to respective military and police units representing the administrative cost.
During the event, Astred A. Cajes of the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) discussed Sustainable Livelihood Program to the beneficiaries.
Subsequently, Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) City Director Vicky P Sarcena welcomed participants of the activity.
Colonel Alexis Noel Bravo, deputy brigade commander of the 1003rd (Raptor) Brigade, presented the former rebels to acting City Mayor Sebastian Duterte, who was represented by lawyer Francis Mark Layug.
The ECLIP program aims to provide a venue and an option for rebels who already opt to lay down their arms and go back to mainstream society and be with their families.
Meanwhile, Mempin expressed his gratitude for the efforts of the ECLIP Committee of Davao City and all members of Task Force to End Local Communist Armed ELCAC Davao City to bring the sustainable and long- lasting peace and development to the vulnerable communities and Geographically isolated and disadvantage areas (GIDA).
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success