Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management office (DRRM) delivered yesterday the
P300,000 financial assistance to Padada and Magsasay, Davao del Sur in response to the 6.9 earthquake that hit the town.
Assistant CDRRMO official Lito Mandi personally delivered the financial aid to Padada and Magsaysay, Davao del Sur.
These two were the most affected towns that were jolted by the 6.9 tremor last December 15.
According to National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, the quake’s aftermath displaced over 3, 076 families and killed 11 persons as of December 19.
Prior to the recent 6.9 quake, Padada town already declared itself under a state of calamity due to the series of earthquakes that happened in October this year.
The said cash aid was approved during the last session of the council and was taken from the quick response fund of the city.
Apart from financial assistance, the city also provided help in rescue operations and medical services.
Private organizations also extended help by giving relief packs to the victims of the quake. (Ivan Gallegos)
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market