Philippine Paralympic Committee President Michael Barredo yesterday confirmed that the 10th ASEAN Paragames will be rescheduled to March from its original date of January 18 to 25 next year.
The Philippine Sports Commission relayed the situation to PPC and recommended to reset the event at a later date.
The change was made due to funding constraints and logistical considerations.
The Paragames, which is a twin-event of the Southeast Asian Games, was being organized along side the SEA Games which wrapped up December 11.
In a statement issued by the PPC, Barredo said that “while we have made every effort to prepare the Games in the past 1 and a half years, matters well beyond our control are compelling us to reschedule the event.”
He added that they are looking to reset it for March next year “to be able to have enough time for financial and logistical matters to be settled.”
The PPC has endorsed the said change to the ASEAN Para Sports Federation. They have also requested the PSC to communicate with their ASEAN counterparts so that respective Ministers can assist their NPCs on the said move.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market