The City Council approved on suspended rules Wednesday morning the P300,000 financial aid to Padada, Davao del Sur, amid the series of earthquakes that devastated the town.
The municipality declared itself under a state of calamity as early as November, during the first series of earthquakes that began around October this year.
The cash aid, taken from Davao City’s quick response fund, was approved during the last session of the city council for this year.
Meanwhile, Davao City has sent 60 personnel to Padada, Davao del Sur to help in the search and retrieval operations, particularly on the collapsed three-story Southern Trade Shopping Center.
The Davao City team is composed of mixed rescue teams from the Urban Search and Rescue, Emergency Medical Services, emergency medical doctor and fire service auxiliaries. The city also sent its USAR vehicles and ambulance, as well as search and retrieval tools and equipment.
Padada Mayor Pedro Caminero thanked Davao City for the help. “Ako’y nagpapasalamat kay city mayor Inday Sara nga naabot diri ang 911 (I am expressing my gratitude to Mayor Inday Sara for bringing 911 here),” he said.
Caminero appealed for more help for his constituents affected by the strong quake.
“Mangayo unta mi ug mga tents, bugas, relief goods ug tubig kay hangtod karon wala mi’g tubig, ug mga portalets (We are asking for tents, rice, relief goods, and water since we do not have drinking water until now, and portalets),” the mayor said.
Padada town is the most affected area during Sunday’s tremor. The quake was centered 38 miles southwest of Davao at a depth of 28.2km. (With PR)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success