The martial law implementation in Mindanao was a success since they recorded no terrorist attacks and human rights violations committed by the soldiers.
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Col. Consolito Yecla, the commander of Task Force Davao, said they are recommending a modified gun ban policy after the lifting of the Martial Law.
Their proposal was supported by the City Council, Police Regional Office XI, and the Davao City Police Office.
“This to preempt armed group possible sneaking firearms inside the city,” he said. “We have institutionalized already some measures, so we just sustain it to ensure that there will be no untoward incident that will happen in the city,”
“We believed that we have prepared the people of Davao and visitors for the lifting of Martial Law, ” he further said.
Also, Capt Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division, said they have not confirmed any abuses committed by the soldiers in the implementation of Martial Law.
Lamosao said soldiers of today know the dignity of their uniform. They practice discipline and respect for human rights in performing their duties.
“We really follow the provisions of the IHL (International Humanitarian Law) and rule of law, and due process in the cases we are facing, ” he added.
Malacañang is not extending martial rule in Mindanao for the fourth time. The announcement pleased the private sector and the city government, as local officials have been asking to exempt the city from the Presidential directive.
Earlier this year, Mayor Sara Duterte sent a letter to President Rodrigo Duterte to reconsider and review the declaration of Martial Law in Davao City.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success