A barangay chair and his live-in partner were killed by still unidentified riding-in-tandem in Barangay Gumitan, Marilog District on Saturday morning.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the victims as Fernando Banayao and Jennelyn Valenzuela.
Aguilar said Banayao was active in his drive against New People’s Army in his area.
Initial investigation disclosed that Banayao was driving his motorcycle with Valenzuela as the back rider. They traversed Upian Road in Mundo Hill, Sitio Quarry, Gumitan around 6 a.m.
Upon reaching the downhill portion, a white Yamaha XTZ motorcycle with two men aboard overtook them. Upon reaching a curved portion, the two unidentified men stopped and pretended to urinate at the pavement.
As Banayao reached the point, the two suspects drew their handgun and shot the victims.
As the victims crashed, the gunmen pumped three more bullets into the head of the barangay captain, killing him on the spot.
Valenzuela, while wounded and groaning, was able to jump from the vehicle.
As stated by a witness, the suspects then fled.
The emergency team of the Marahan Satellite Office of Central 911 rushed Valenzuela to the hospital but the patient failed to survive.
The body of the barangay captain was brought to the Angel Funeral Homes in Calinan District.
Police recovered several empty shells of .45 caliber and 9mm from the site.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market