Two hundred-twenty vendors and drivers received early Christmas gifts from the city government on Dec. 14.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, said it was the first-ever Christmas party sponsored by the city government and initiated by Task Force Davao to the group of vendors.
“The celebration of the spirit of Christmas brings joy to 220 vendors and drivers who serve as the ‘eyes and ears in the city,” Yecla said.
“Although the spirit of Christmas is everywhere this yuletide season, no one cared to recognize them as the ‘eyes and ears’ of the city.
Law enforcers previously met with the vendors and drivers in the Davao City Recreation Center to ask for their help in securing Davao City.
The meeting helped them establish the concept of “tapat ko, bantay ko,” which means that the vendors are responsible for looking after their immediate surroundings. They implemented the security mechanism in Roxas night market, People’s Park, San Pedro Square, Toril and Bankerohan public markets.
The vendors and drivers enjoyed a full-day of games and gift-giving during the Christmas party.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories