A salesman was killed in a buy-bust operation conducted by elements of the Sta. Ana police in Sta. Lucia, Barangay Centro.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Sta. Ana Police Station commander, identified the suspect as Johmel Angelia Estrada, 22, a transient resident of Zone 5 North San Juan, Barangay Centro, Agdao, Davao City.
Reportedly, the suspect handed a sachet of shabu to an undercover cop in exchange for P500.
When the other cops barged into the room, Estrada allegedly shot at them. The police officers retaliated and hit him on the chest.
The suspect was still alive when he was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center. But the attending physician, Dr. Raul Martin Brien C. Andutan, declared him dead on arrival for three gunshot wounds to the chest.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives team recovered a 9mm pistol with live bullets on the scene. They also found three fired bullets and fired cartridges.
Taken from the suspect were three government-issued IDs, eight sachets of shabu, and P505 in different denominations.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month