A salesman was killed in a buy-bust operation conducted by elements of the Sta. Ana police in Sta. Lucia, Barangay Centro.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Sta. Ana Police Station commander, identified the suspect as Johmel Angelia Estrada, 22, a transient resident of Zone 5 North San Juan, Barangay Centro, Agdao, Davao City.
Reportedly, the suspect handed a sachet of shabu to an undercover cop in exchange for P500.
When the other cops barged into the room, Estrada allegedly shot at them. The police officers retaliated and hit him on the chest.
The suspect was still alive when he was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center. But the attending physician, Dr. Raul Martin Brien C. Andutan, declared him dead on arrival for three gunshot wounds to the chest.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives team recovered a 9mm pistol with live bullets on the scene. They also found three fired bullets and fired cartridges.
Taken from the suspect were three government-issued IDs, eight sachets of shabu, and P505 in different denominations.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories