A motorcycle driver died crashing into a wing-van truck along Davao-Bukidnon road near San Pedro College-Ulas campus, Barangay Talomo Proper, Talomo District, on Saturday morning.
According to the report of the Davao City Police Office, the victim was identified as Jerwin Langcuban Alilian, 29, a resident of P4 Poblacion, Trento, Agusan Del Sur.
The driver of the Isuzu truck was identified as Ernesto Rañoa Jr., 44, resident of Purok 4A, Gusa, Cagayan De Oro City.
The victim was coming from Crossing Ulas heading toward Catalunan Pequeño and Rañoa was heading toward the downtown. The motorcycle reportedly tried to overtake another vehicle and slammed into the truck.
Medical rescuers of the Central 911 arrived at the scene, but they found no signs of life.
Because of this successive road collision incidents, Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, station commander of the Talomo Police Station, reminded drivers to be extra careful, observe traffic signals and obey the speed limit.
“Treasure life and drive safely,” Lao said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month