A civilian was killed when 20 members of the New People’s Army attacked government forces in Sitio Kailawan, Brgy Sto Nino, Talaingod, Davao del Norte at 6:05 a.m. on Dec 13.
Capt. John Louie Demaala, the Civil-Military Operations officer of the 56th IB, said the NPA’s Guerilla Front 55, led by Ariane Ancheta Ramos alias Marikit, led the ambush during the pursuit operations against the rebels.
The victim, Manoling Salangani, resident of Sitio Kailawan, was it by stray bullets. Reportedly, he was tending to his farm located behind the location of the soldiers. After he was hit, he managed to walk to his house but died from the wound on the left side of his body.
Lt. Col. Norman E. Valdez, commander of 56th Infantry Battalion, expressed sympathy for the victim’s family.
“In this kind of tragedy, especially to the bereaved family and tribes of the late Salangani, we are calling your sympathy to support our troops and the government forces to end the local communist armed group for the sake of our community,” Valdez said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month