A civilian was killed when 20 members of the New People’s Army attacked government forces in Sitio Kailawan, Brgy Sto Nino, Talaingod, Davao del Norte at 6:05 a.m. on Dec 13.
Capt. John Louie Demaala, the Civil-Military Operations officer of the 56th IB, said the NPA’s Guerilla Front 55, led by Ariane Ancheta Ramos alias Marikit, led the ambush during the pursuit operations against the rebels.
The victim, Manoling Salangani, resident of Sitio Kailawan, was it by stray bullets. Reportedly, he was tending to his farm located behind the location of the soldiers. After he was hit, he managed to walk to his house but died from the wound on the left side of his body.
Lt. Col. Norman E. Valdez, commander of 56th Infantry Battalion, expressed sympathy for the victim’s family.
“In this kind of tragedy, especially to the bereaved family and tribes of the late Salangani, we are calling your sympathy to support our troops and the government forces to end the local communist armed group for the sake of our community,” Valdez said.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories