A soldier and his wife were arrested in a buy-bust operation in Villa Cacacho Subdivision, Tagum City yesterday morning.
Reports from the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) identified the suspects as S/Sgt. Ramil Edullantes of the Headquarters and Headquarters Service Battalion (HHSBn) of the Philippine Army’s 10th Infantry Division, and his wife, Flora Mae Aypong.
The PDEA, the 10th ID, and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) joined forces in conducting the operation around 7:50 a.m. yesterday after the soldier’s name crapped up in the investigation.
Operatives confiscated six grams of suspected shabu worth P78,000, shabu paraphernalia, and a 9mm Glock pistol. The marked money was also recovered.
Maj. Gen. Jose Faustino, Jr., the 10ID commander, said the Armed Forces of the Philippines “does not tolerate erring personnel.”
“Violation of RA 9165 is not just a mere offense but unacceptable in the AFP, specially in 10ID,” Faustino said.
“We are always on the watch to the troops to maintain discipline in our ranks. 10ID maintains close coordination and collaboration with other law enforcement agencies in the implementation of our anti-illegal drug campaign,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success