A soldier and his wife were arrested in a buy-bust operation in Villa Cacacho Subdivision, Tagum City yesterday morning.
Reports from the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) identified the suspects as S/Sgt. Ramil Edullantes of the Headquarters and Headquarters Service Battalion (HHSBn) of the Philippine Army’s 10th Infantry Division, and his wife, Flora Mae Aypong.
The PDEA, the 10th ID, and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) joined forces in conducting the operation around 7:50 a.m. yesterday after the soldier’s name crapped up in the investigation.
Operatives confiscated six grams of suspected shabu worth P78,000, shabu paraphernalia, and a 9mm Glock pistol. The marked money was also recovered.
Maj. Gen. Jose Faustino, Jr., the 10ID commander, said the Armed Forces of the Philippines “does not tolerate erring personnel.”
“Violation of RA 9165 is not just a mere offense but unacceptable in the AFP, specially in 10ID,” Faustino said.
“We are always on the watch to the troops to maintain discipline in our ranks. 10ID maintains close coordination and collaboration with other law enforcement agencies in the implementation of our anti-illegal drug campaign,” he said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021