A police officer was charged for the death of a traffic enforcer who was killed in a vehicular accident while investigating an earlier road crash in Barangay Ma-a, Talomo District on Thursday afternoon.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, identified the suspect as Lt. Julius Arisgado Edpalina, 42, married, of Almaciga Street, Southbay, Barangay Lapu-lapu, Agdao District. Edpalina is undergoing police security officer basic course at the Regional Training Center 11 in Barangay Mintal, Tugbok District.
Edpalina was charged for reckless imprudence resulting to homicide before the City Prosecutor’s Office for the death of Rey Sison, a City Transport and Traffic Management Office employee (CTTMO), of Deca Homes in Barangay Cabantian, Buhangin District.
According to the report, Sison was conducting an investigation of a road crash infront of Pol GO building along the Bypass Road in Ma-a.
Sison was standing at the center of the double yellow lane while making a sketch.
A Toyota Avanza, with plate number WTO454, reportedly swerved from the opposite lane.
The car’s right front edge portion hit Sison, throwing him into the left side rear edge portion of the vehicle that he was investigating.
The traffic enforcer died on the spot.
Edpalina and the involved vehicles are now in the custody of Talomo police station.
CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude vowed to help the victim’s family in pursuing the case.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market