Davao City bagged its second Kalasag (Kalamidad at Sakuna Labanan, Sariling Galing at Kaligtasan) award for its exemplary emergency response program.
The establishment of the emergency response program, which has been operating for 17 years now, has been the city’s edge over other local government units, said Central 911 head Emmanuel Jaldon.
Jaldon said the Gawad Kalasag Award handed over to the city for two succeeding years attested the good practices of the Central 911.
“This recognition is for our exemplary performance in the emergency response. We are very grateful for this,” he said.
The Central 911 was created by the city government for efficient and faster emergency response.
City Administrator Atty. Zuleika Lopez lauded all the staff of Central 911 for their efforts in responding to any form of emergencies in the city.
“Hopefully, if we can get this award again next year we will be in the hall of fame. Thank you to all the staff of Central 911 for their exemplary performance,” she said.
Gawad Kalasag is one of the most prestigious government awards that a local government unit may receive.
With the award, the city government received P100,000 in monetary reward.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success