Davao City bagged its second Kalasag (Kalamidad at Sakuna Labanan, Sariling Galing at Kaligtasan) award for its exemplary emergency response program.
The establishment of the emergency response program, which has been operating for 17 years now, has been the city’s edge over other local government units, said Central 911 head Emmanuel Jaldon.
Jaldon said the Gawad Kalasag Award handed over to the city for two succeeding years attested the good practices of the Central 911.
“This recognition is for our exemplary performance in the emergency response. We are very grateful for this,” he said.
The Central 911 was created by the city government for efficient and faster emergency response.
City Administrator Atty. Zuleika Lopez lauded all the staff of Central 911 for their efforts in responding to any form of emergencies in the city.
“Hopefully, if we can get this award again next year we will be in the hall of fame. Thank you to all the staff of Central 911 for their exemplary performance,” she said.
Gawad Kalasag is one of the most prestigious government awards that a local government unit may receive.
With the award, the city government received P100,000 in monetary reward.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market