The city government is celebrating Children’s Day in remote areas where Indigenous Peoples (IPs) are residing, bringing the spirit of holidays to children who rarely come to the city for the Christmas season.
The event, “Alrew te me bate,” is part of City Hall’s initiative to bring Christmas to remote areas where the natives reside for them to celebrate Christmas without going down in the downtown area, thus avoiding high risk of accidents and illnesses.
The first stop was in Barangay Tambobong, Baguio District where children enjoyed different activities and entertainment prepared by the city government.
Tambobong Barangay Captain Exequil Salandao, Sr. was grateful to the city government to have chosen their community as one of the beneficiaries of the program.
“We are very thankful that our barangay was also chosen by our honorable Mayor of Davao to celebrate Pasko Fiesta sa mga Lumad,” Salandao said.
The children joined in different parlor games and “Larong Pinoy” with prizes at stake.
The games included The Boat is Sinking, Paint Me a Picture, Kadang-kadang, Sack Race, and the like.
It was not only a day to enjoy, but it also strengthens their friendship and team spirit. The children and adults were also awed and entertained by the tricks performed by a hired magician, a statement from the City Information Office said.
Aside from the children, adults were also treated to Beauty Fair Day. They were given free make-over, haircut, and birth registration service.
After Tambobong, teams from the city government will also visit other areas in Baguio, Paquibato, and Marilog districts to bring the joy of Christmas to the IP communities.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success