Survivors’ day is a yearly activity participated in by the volunteers, friends, sponsors, benefactors and most of all the patients with cancer and their parents who live each day hoping for a permanent cure for this ailment.
December 8 has been dedicated to the celebration of Survivors’ Day each year, which happens to be the birthday of Dr. Concepcion “Mae” Dolendo, who chooses to spend the day far from her loved ones in Singapore, her home, to be with the patients she has chosen to serve.
This year, one of the partners of the House of Hope, Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao led by General Manager Bryan Yves Lasala, brought the patients, guests and entertainers to the Garden Pavilion of the spacious grounds by the Davao Gulf to witness the program prepared by the Officers and members of the House of Hope and other partners to entertain the children and guests who filled the Garden Pavilion to capacity. The WIHD officers also gave a donation from the proceeds of the fund-raising dinner held a few days ago at the same venue.
Buffet dinner was served and the children received Christmas gift packs from the sponsors, supporters and volunteers.
House of Hope volunteers President Fatima Inderah Disomimba led the officers and members in welcoming guests to the event which was attended by Rotary Club Waling-waling Davao, the City Government of Davao and various Civic Organizations.
Painter/ Sculptor Kublai Millan designed a T-shirt worn by the volunteers which drew admiration from the guests.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month