Survivors’ day is a yearly activity participated in by the volunteers, friends, sponsors, benefactors and most of all the patients with cancer and their parents who live each day hoping for a permanent cure for this ailment.
December 8 has been dedicated to the celebration of Survivors’ Day each year, which happens to be the birthday of Dr. Concepcion “Mae” Dolendo, who chooses to spend the day far from her loved ones in Singapore, her home, to be with the patients she has chosen to serve.
This year, one of the partners of the House of Hope, Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao led by General Manager Bryan Yves Lasala, brought the patients, guests and entertainers to the Garden Pavilion of the spacious grounds by the Davao Gulf to witness the program prepared by the Officers and members of the House of Hope and other partners to entertain the children and guests who filled the Garden Pavilion to capacity. The WIHD officers also gave a donation from the proceeds of the fund-raising dinner held a few days ago at the same venue.
Buffet dinner was served and the children received Christmas gift packs from the sponsors, supporters and volunteers.
House of Hope volunteers President Fatima Inderah Disomimba led the officers and members in welcoming guests to the event which was attended by Rotary Club Waling-waling Davao, the City Government of Davao and various Civic Organizations.
Painter/ Sculptor Kublai Millan designed a T-shirt worn by the volunteers which drew admiration from the guests.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories