Another alleged drug suspect was killed in a buy-bust operation conducted by elements of the Sasa police at San Antonio Road, Km. 10 in Sasa on Tuesday at 8:15 p.m.
Maj. Reuben T. Libera, station commander of the Sasa police, identified the suspect as Darwin Namli Hanani, 34, jobless, and a resident of Purok 2, Quezon Boulevard, Barangay 23-C.
The suspect reportedly handed a sachet of suspected shabu to the police undercover. However, before the arresting officer could apprehend him, he allegedly pulled out his .45 caliber firearm from his sling bag and shot the cop.
The police officer fired back and hit him on the head. They also rushed him to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but was declared dead by the attending physician at 8:45 p.m.
The Scene of the Crime Operative team, led by Lt. Benjie Bueno, recovered the pistol with six bullets, one fired cartridge from a 9mm pistol, P1,000 marked money and another sachet of shabu. The recovered drug item has an estimated weight of more or less 1.0 grams with a street value of P12,000.
Libera said the suspect was listed in the Directorate for Intelligence watchlist.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success