Another alleged drug suspect was killed in a buy-bust operation conducted by elements of the Sasa police at San Antonio Road, Km. 10 in Sasa on Tuesday at 8:15 p.m.
Maj. Reuben T. Libera, station commander of the Sasa police, identified the suspect as Darwin Namli Hanani, 34, jobless, and a resident of Purok 2, Quezon Boulevard, Barangay 23-C.
The suspect reportedly handed a sachet of suspected shabu to the police undercover. However, before the arresting officer could apprehend him, he allegedly pulled out his .45 caliber firearm from his sling bag and shot the cop.
The police officer fired back and hit him on the head. They also rushed him to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but was declared dead by the attending physician at 8:45 p.m.
The Scene of the Crime Operative team, led by Lt. Benjie Bueno, recovered the pistol with six bullets, one fired cartridge from a 9mm pistol, P1,000 marked money and another sachet of shabu. The recovered drug item has an estimated weight of more or less 1.0 grams with a street value of P12,000.
Libera said the suspect was listed in the Directorate for Intelligence watchlist.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories