An enlisted member of the Philippine Navy was arrested by the Sta. Ana Police Station in a buy-bust operation in front of NCCC supermarket in Km. 12, Barangay Panacan, Bunawan District on Monday evening.
Maj. Michael Uyaguren, the Sta. Ana police commander, identified him as Petty Officer 2nd Class Rusty Villaflores Gonzales, 44, and a resident of Km. 12, St. John Street, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District.
According to the report, the suspect was arrested after he handed over one sachet containing suspected shabu in exchange for P1,000 buy-bust money.
Confiscated items from the possession of the suspect was one black Hawk sling bag containing five sachets of shabu, one MyPhone cellphone, P620 in different denominations, white bicycle, and an AFP ID.
The confiscated drugs have an estimated weight of seven grams with a street value of P83,000.
Investigation revealed that the suspect has a connection with Xyven Manundi, allegedly a detainee of Davao City Jail in Barangay Ma-a, who and now a subject of a more in-depth investigation.
The suspect is now detained in Sta. Ana police while a case for violation of RA 9165 is now being prepared against him.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success