An enlisted member of the Philippine Navy was arrested by the Sta. Ana Police Station in a buy-bust operation in front of NCCC supermarket in Km. 12, Barangay Panacan, Bunawan District on Monday evening.
Maj. Michael Uyaguren, the Sta. Ana police commander, identified him as Petty Officer 2nd Class Rusty Villaflores Gonzales, 44, and a resident of Km. 12, St. John Street, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District.
According to the report, the suspect was arrested after he handed over one sachet containing suspected shabu in exchange for P1,000 buy-bust money.
Confiscated items from the possession of the suspect was one black Hawk sling bag containing five sachets of shabu, one MyPhone cellphone, P620 in different denominations, white bicycle, and an AFP ID.
The confiscated drugs have an estimated weight of seven grams with a street value of P83,000.
Investigation revealed that the suspect has a connection with Xyven Manundi, allegedly a detainee of Davao City Jail in Barangay Ma-a, who and now a subject of a more in-depth investigation.
The suspect is now detained in Sta. Ana police while a case for violation of RA 9165 is now being prepared against him.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?