An enlisted member of the Philippine Navy was arrested by the Sta. Ana Police Station in a buy-bust operation in front of NCCC supermarket in Km. 12, Barangay Panacan, Bunawan District on Monday evening.
Maj. Michael Uyaguren, the Sta. Ana police commander, identified him as Petty Officer 2nd Class Rusty Villaflores Gonzales, 44, and a resident of Km. 12, St. John Street, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District.
According to the report, the suspect was arrested after he handed over one sachet containing suspected shabu in exchange for P1,000 buy-bust money.
Confiscated items from the possession of the suspect was one black Hawk sling bag containing five sachets of shabu, one MyPhone cellphone, P620 in different denominations, white bicycle, and an AFP ID.
The confiscated drugs have an estimated weight of seven grams with a street value of P83,000.
Investigation revealed that the suspect has a connection with Xyven Manundi, allegedly a detainee of Davao City Jail in Barangay Ma-a, who and now a subject of a more in-depth investigation.
The suspect is now detained in Sta. Ana police while a case for violation of RA 9165 is now being prepared against him.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market