Pasay City – Team Philippines Gilas men’s and women’s squads bested Thailand to earn respective gold medals played Tuesday night (December 10) at the Mall of Asia Arena in the 30th Southeast Asian Games.
Gilas Pilipinas men bested Thailand, 115-81 in the gold medal match in front of some 12,462 paying fans to earn its 13th straight men’s basketball title and its 18th in total.
June Mar Fajardo led Gilas Pilipinas with 17 points noting nine in the third canto for a breakaway, 58-39 lead and never looked back. LA Tenorio, Matthew Wright and Marcio Lassiter also landed three-point bombs as Gilas Pilipinas scored 40 in the third quarter alone.
Fajardo also added 13 boards while Christian Stanhardinger finished with a double-double 16 points and 11 rebounds. Tenorio had 16 while Wright added 14 baskets.
Tyler Lamb led Thailand with 33 points, eight rebounds and six assists on a losing effort but finished with the silver.
On the other hand, Gilas Pilipinas women capped its first-ever championship after beating Thailand, 91-71 in the gold medal match.
PHILIPPINES 115 – Fajardo 17, Tenorio 16, Standhardinger 16, Wright 14, Manuel 14, Pringle 13, Ravena 10, Ross 8, Lassiter 3, Aguilar 2, Rosario 2, Slaughter 0.
THAILAND 81 – Lamb 33, Jakrawan 15, Suttisin 7, Leelapipatikul 7, Chanthacon 6, Jaisanuk 6, Muangboon 3, Chungyampin 2, Klahan 1, Langsui 1, Ananti 0, Apiromvilaichai 0.
Quarters: 25-17, 48-39, 88-54, 115-81.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success