The city government will donate P7.8 million to areas affected by typhoon Tisoy.
In yesterday’s session, the City Council passed a resolution granting financial aid to nine areas declared under a state of calamity.
The Committee on Finance, Ways and Means and Appropriations chaired by Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang pushed for the measure as recommended by the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO).
The provinces of Albay, Sorsogon, Camarines Sur, Oriental Mindoro, Occidental Mindoro, Northern Samar and Catanduanes will each receive P1 million. Calbayog City in Samar will receive P500,000 and Arteche town in Eastern Samar will receive P300,000.
According to CDRRMO chief Alfredo Baluran, the funds will be immediately delivered to the treasurer offices of the affected areas.
“I will hand it over myself to the offices as soon as the check is ready,” Baluran told reporters.
He said that it is important that the funds will be immediately delivered as Christmas is fast approaching.
“The cash assistance may help them appreciate and be happy on Christmas Day and in New Year’s Eve even if they had experienced some calamity,” he said.
He said that there are still enough quick response funds that will be saved for any calamities that may occur, especially that December is a season of heavy rains.
The city government has been traditionally giving financial aids to calamity-hit areas to help them recover.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success