Two barangays in Kitaotao Bukidnon declared the Communist Party of the Philippines-National Democractic Front-New People’s Army persona non grata following the peace building seminar conducted by soldiers of 3rd Infantry Battalion on Sunday, Dec. 8.
Capt. Erick Wynmer Calulot, the 1003rd Infantry Brigade Civil Military Operations (CMO) officer, said the peacebuilding seminar was initiated by the 3rd Infantry Battalion, in partnership with local government unit of Kitaotao, Bukidnon, in barangays Sinuda and Kipilas.
A total of 426 participants underwent the three-day seminar, composed of former rebels, Milisya ng Bayan members, former Underground Mass Organization members, and former mass supporters and sympathizers.
The residents, led by the council members of the two barangays and the Matigsalog-Manuvo Tribal Council of Elders, collectively declared the CPP-NPA-NDF as unwelcome in their communities.
The participants also took an oath of allegiance to the government and also burned the CPP-NPA flag as a symbolic gesture to cut off all support to the rebels.
Kitaotao Mayor Lorenzo A. Gawilan, Sangguniang Bayan members, and all municipal department heads attended the opening ceremony of seminar.
Meanwhile, a medical and dental outreach was also conducted as a culminating event of the seminar. Around 1,000 residents benefitted from different services, such as medical treatment, dental extraction, corn and vegetable seeds distribution, PhilHealth registration, and information drive by the Municipal of Social Welfare and Development.
Col. Nolasco A. Mempin, commander of the 1003rd Infantry (Raptor) Brigade, welcomed the initiative to bring hope to the Kitaotao residents.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success