A tricycle driver was arrested and P200,000 worth of shabu seized in a buy-bust in Purok 20, Lower Sanggilangan at 11:30 a.m. on Monday.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the Talomo Police Station commander, identified the suspect as Khidar Noah Labao, 37, and a resident of Purok 20, Piapi, Boulevard, Barangay 21, Davao City.
Lao said the suspect was caught in the act of selling one sachet containing suspected shabu to a police undercover in exchange for P18,000.
Seized from him were four other sachets, one Vivo Y17, and the marked money. The total evidence had an estimated street value of P190,000.
“The subject is part of our Directorate for Intelligence watchlist who was previously arrested with the same offense last March 2011 and was acquitted last September 2019,” Lao said. “His apprehension will greatly reduce the proliferation of illegal drugs in Davao City.”
The suspect is now detained in Talomo Police Station.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month