A tricycle driver was arrested and P200,000 worth of shabu seized in a buy-bust in Purok 20, Lower Sanggilangan at 11:30 a.m. on Monday.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the Talomo Police Station commander, identified the suspect as Khidar Noah Labao, 37, and a resident of Purok 20, Piapi, Boulevard, Barangay 21, Davao City.
Lao said the suspect was caught in the act of selling one sachet containing suspected shabu to a police undercover in exchange for P18,000.
Seized from him were four other sachets, one Vivo Y17, and the marked money. The total evidence had an estimated street value of P190,000.
“The subject is part of our Directorate for Intelligence watchlist who was previously arrested with the same offense last March 2011 and was acquitted last September 2019,” Lao said. “His apprehension will greatly reduce the proliferation of illegal drugs in Davao City.”
The suspect is now detained in Talomo Police Station.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories