A patrolman who shot his commanding officer was killed in a follow-up operation in Bunawan, Agusan del Sur yesterday morning.
A report from the Agusan del Sur Police Provincial Office identified the fatality as Patrolman Jhon Paul Joguino Gerida, 28, married, a member of Alagad Class 2015 and assigned at the 2nd Provincial Mobile Force Company.
Gerida allegedly engaged chasing operatives in a shootout around 10:35 a.m. yesterday when he was cornered in Purok 5, Consuelo, Bunawan.
Police recovered a caliber .45 pistol, with serial number A004311, and two fired cartridges.
Last Friday at 9:25 p.m., Gerida allegedly shot Lt. Col. Rex Lomente, the commander of the 2nd Provincial Mobile Force Company based in Agusan del Sur. Lomente sustained a gunshot wound on his forehead and is in at the Tagum Regional Hospital.
The suspect fled as police operatives immediately conducted a manhunt operation.
The motive of the shooting was yet established but the two were reportedly having a conversation prior to the incident.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market