A patrolman who shot his commanding officer was killed in a follow-up operation in Bunawan, Agusan del Sur yesterday morning.
A report from the Agusan del Sur Police Provincial Office identified the fatality as Patrolman Jhon Paul Joguino Gerida, 28, married, a member of Alagad Class 2015 and assigned at the 2nd Provincial Mobile Force Company.
Gerida allegedly engaged chasing operatives in a shootout around 10:35 a.m. yesterday when he was cornered in Purok 5, Consuelo, Bunawan.
Police recovered a caliber .45 pistol, with serial number A004311, and two fired cartridges.
Last Friday at 9:25 p.m., Gerida allegedly shot Lt. Col. Rex Lomente, the commander of the 2nd Provincial Mobile Force Company based in Agusan del Sur. Lomente sustained a gunshot wound on his forehead and is in at the Tagum Regional Hospital.
The suspect fled as police operatives immediately conducted a manhunt operation.
The motive of the shooting was yet established but the two were reportedly having a conversation prior to the incident.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art