A patrolman who shot his commanding officer was killed in a follow-up operation in Bunawan, Agusan del Sur yesterday morning.
A report from the Agusan del Sur Police Provincial Office identified the fatality as Patrolman Jhon Paul Joguino Gerida, 28, married, a member of Alagad Class 2015 and assigned at the 2nd Provincial Mobile Force Company.
Gerida allegedly engaged chasing operatives in a shootout around 10:35 a.m. yesterday when he was cornered in Purok 5, Consuelo, Bunawan.
Police recovered a caliber .45 pistol, with serial number A004311, and two fired cartridges.
Last Friday at 9:25 p.m., Gerida allegedly shot Lt. Col. Rex Lomente, the commander of the 2nd Provincial Mobile Force Company based in Agusan del Sur. Lomente sustained a gunshot wound on his forehead and is in at the Tagum Regional Hospital.
The suspect fled as police operatives immediately conducted a manhunt operation.
The motive of the shooting was yet established but the two were reportedly having a conversation prior to the incident.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead