A patrolman who shot his commanding officer was killed in a follow-up operation in Bunawan, Agusan del Sur yesterday morning.
A report from the Agusan del Sur Police Provincial Office identified the fatality as Patrolman Jhon Paul Joguino Gerida, 28, married, a member of Alagad Class 2015 and assigned at the 2nd Provincial Mobile Force Company.
Gerida allegedly engaged chasing operatives in a shootout around 10:35 a.m. yesterday when he was cornered in Purok 5, Consuelo, Bunawan.
Police recovered a caliber .45 pistol, with serial number A004311, and two fired cartridges.
Last Friday at 9:25 p.m., Gerida allegedly shot Lt. Col. Rex Lomente, the commander of the 2nd Provincial Mobile Force Company based in Agusan del Sur. Lomente sustained a gunshot wound on his forehead and is in at the Tagum Regional Hospital.
The suspect fled as police operatives immediately conducted a manhunt operation.
The motive of the shooting was yet established but the two were reportedly having a conversation prior to the incident.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success