Pasay City – Junna Tsukii and Norman Marz Montalvo added respective medals for team Philippines in karatedo of the ongoing 30th Southeast Asian Games played at the World Trade Center on Saturday, December 7.
Tsukii delivered a golden finish in the women’s -50kg kumite beating Thi Huong Dinh of Vietnam 1-0 after thumping Florence Nay Chi Htun of Myanmar and Nor Azli Siti Nur Azwani of Malaysia in the quarters and Paweena Raksachart of Thailand in the semifinal round.
Montalvo wrapped up a silver finish in the men’s 55kg kumite falling to Prem Kumar Selvam of Malaysia 1-6. He sported victories over Van Hai Nguyen of Vietnam, John Maung of Myanmar in the eliminations and Steves Yuthana Tep of Cambodia in the semis for a ticket to the finals.
Also clinching medals for the team Philippines are Sara Pangilinan and Joco Vasquez who bagged bronze in the kata competition.
The city’s lone bet Rexor Tacay foiled his medal chances after losing to his Vietnam counterpart in the eliminations via a 0-6 count.
“We are happy for both Tsukii and Montalvo who won respective medals. Hope team Philippines will have more to help achieve our overall win aim,”
said Karate Pilipinas Federation Incorporated Region XI director and Association for the Advancement of Karatedo Davao City chief instructor Rommel Tan.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success